Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Brushes

I have been good and haven't bought any make up for the last few weeks. Haha. Sad. I am so tempted to get something.

Since I have nothing to blog about, I blog about my brushes. Hard earned collection.


From l to r: Shu Uemura Holiday collection (the first 4 brushes), Shu Uemura 2R eyeliner brush, Ecotool Foundation brush, Everyday Mineral flat top brush, The Body Shop Face Kabuki

I have got a set of brush from Shu Uemura. Its like a holiday collection for 2007 I think. The size of the brushes are slightly smaller than their usual ones but not those miniature type.



Just a quick picture to show you the size. I like it that the handle its not too long or bulky.


I got this set less than RM200 I think. It was around RM180-RM190. The brushes quality are pretty good and decent I think. Blushers,concealer, eyeshadow and eyeliner/lip brushes. Pretty good price for that I reckon. I like the case it come with too. Black and quite sleek but can collect a little bit of dust.


However after one year plus I felt like the blusher brush is not as soft and the colour bleed a lot! Super a lot. The brush hair is made out of goat. I still use it for blusher. Meanwhile the concealer is made out of nylon while both eyeshadow and eyeliner brush are made out of sable.I think my favourite brush among that 4 is the concealer and eyeshadow. The eyeliner brush are pretty good too.

As an eyeliner freak, I bought the Shu 2R too. I heard it was pretty good and damn it is. I tried it with my cream eyeshadow as eyeliner and it work pretty well. Worth every dollar.


I can't really remember the price, I think it is about RM60 but I got a discount that time. :):)

The next one is from Ecotools Foundation brush. I have always wanted their brush so much. Sigh. I have no idea why last week I saw the powder brush and I did not get it. This foundation brush I got it last year.


Honestly I think its quite good even thought I don't use much liquid foundation. The brush hair is synthetic and seems quite silky. The brush is not too soft but not hard either so when you applied liquid foundation its easy to handle. Smoother application too! I should utilise this brush more.

Another 2 more of my favourite brush, and oddly it is both for mineral makeup which I actually hardly use. One is Everyday Mineral and the other is The Body Shop.


Both are equally good, the brush hair are thick and dense. Oh and it is suppppppper soft.

The price are pretty decent too especially for Everyday Mineral Flat top which is around RM30 plus. I usually uses the flat top for powder foundation. Give my a good coverage. Meanwhile for The Body Shop I uses it for blusher and bronzer. I know its for fondation but we can mix around don't we ;)

Ok.. I shall save money and get more eyeshadow and powder brush.. haha.

5 comments:

LyNn said...

wow.
your brushes are mostly high end arent they.
haha im using cheapo brushes and i think my most expensive one is the cheapest one of your loot :P

Pinky Tham said...

haha I save for some of the brush.. I wanted to get MAC but those are even more expensive. haha.

LyNn said...

haha maybe you can try e.l.f studio line brushes.
i heard they are very soft.
im getting their eyeshadow brush :P

now i have to start with low end brushes first lo.
still saving and deciding if i should get shu uemura's curler.

Pinky Tham said...

yeah i would love too but quite hard to get it. oh shu curler is damn good. i have been using it and it really curl the lashes. i will write about it one day haha

LyNn said...

cant wait for your review :P
elf can get online.
i got mine online too. ;)