Sunday, March 15, 2009

NYX and LA Colors

Good news! I finally found NYX in Melbourne! wooohoo.. but the selection was rather small. I was at Smith St. today trying to look for a pair of running shoes. Smith St. is quite famous for sports factory outlet store. Towards the end of the street, I saw a store with sign 70% off on brand cosmetics. (edit: found my receipt! the store is called Cos Cut Cosmetics)

I went in, and... damn it was pretty good. A lot of different brand at quite cheap price. Brands like Maybelline, L'oreal, Covergirl, LA Colors, Max Factor, NYX and some brands I have never heard off. A lot of beauty tools too. I walked around and end up with this two.

I have limited time and budget in there. :(

The range for NYX was rather limited, mostly NYX ranges are lipliners (a lot of colours!), a few eyeliners, some lip gloss and only one trio eyeshadow. Didn't get it, the colours was too pastel for me. :(

I think I was too excited and came home and swatches them. I love eyeliners, so I got this and try. The pencil is pretty smooth and colour came out rather easy. I just hope it doesn't smudge easily. I shall test it out tomorrow. (tested: and not bad the colour remains after 10 hours, no smudges unless I rub it hard.)



I love the dark blue-ness. Remind me of my this Shu eyeliner. Best of all this eyeliner is only $4.00! whee.


I read about LA Colors from Connie. The palattes cost $5.95 and I check Cherryculture, the price wasn't marked up!



This palattes is called Fabulous, not bad in my opinion.


The last 3 swatches seems to be more pigmented while the first two are better for highlighting. The middle colour look plum-ish but turned out more brown. weird. I haven't try wearing it though. Will try it out soon. I hope its not too hard to blend them.

I think I have to visit that store again.

Update: Round 2 NYX eyeliner testing, smudge like hell when I line my bottom lid. sigh. :(

5 comments:

LyNn said...

hey i didnt know you are based in australia!
haha i thought you were in malaysia.

Pinky Tham said...

haha I was in Malaysi, I just came over to Melbourne to finish my degree. :) My chance to tried out covergirl and others haha.

LyNn said...

ooo.
any recommendations on what are cover girl best sellers?
i wanna try but they have so many products.
its difficult since we dont have testers to play with :(

Pinky Tham said...

I haven't tried any yet.. haha sorry. I will tell you once i do :)

Miss Shopcoholic said...

i also have that LA Colors Palette in Fabulous! Not bad for the price.. I just love how shimmery it is..