Friday, February 20, 2009

Mascaras

I have never really see myself as a mascara fanatic, usually eyeliner and blushers are my favourite. However, when I have started working last year, I notice I can't live without mascaras.

It seriously make my eyes bigger and noticeable lashes... thats what mascaras for right? haha

When I was packing a few week ago, I notices I have quite a number of mascaras. Eek..


l to r: Maybelline XXL (waterproof), Maybelline XXL (non-waterproof), Maybelline Volume Express Hypercurl, Majolica Majorca Lash Beautifying, Lancome Virtouse, Diorshow Iconic, Lancome L'extreme.


Before you think I am a nutso, I have only bought 3 of it, Maybelline XXL (waterproof), Volume Express and Majolica. The rest was given by people or something. I'm not complaning though, keep them coming haha.

Here some down low of my thoughts,

Maybelline XXL - one of the best for affordable mascaras around RM20 ++. It does it job. I love XXL for more daily lashes. Most of the time, I skipped the white fiber.

Maybelline Volume Express - I love it for more volume and slightly more dramatic. does not smudge but can be clumpy if not applied properly.

Majolica Majorca - Extremely black and glossy. If applied properly, lash can be quite dramatic and nice but if not it can be extremely clumpy. Main turnoff - extremely hard to remove. Interesting comb brush instead of the usual brush.


Virtouse - So so for me, not much effect, good for daily use as its non waterproof, easy removal.

Diorshow Iconic - I love this. Have quite a dramatic volume and slight curl effect but if not applied properly can wear down the lashes a little. Easy removal. But I don't think I will pay the price. Nice tube packaging.


L'extreme - leave not much impression, I usually prefer volume over length. So so only.

Conclusion, I love mascaras. The next two mascaras I would love to try is Max Factor 2000 calories and MAC Plushlash.

5 comments:

LyNn said...

wonders.
which is your favourite? :P

Pinky Tham said...

haha good question! erm.. I think my favourite would be Maybelline Volume Express. Oddly I never thought it will be my favourite haha.

LyNn said...

haha eh now that mascara got sales.
RM 18.80 from watsons.
damn worth.
i asked my mum to get it for me.
since its on promo

Pinky Tham said...

yay! that pretty cheap. When I got it, its around 20 buck plus. Tell me how you like it ya?

yivlily said...

Haha, for hard to remove mascaras, use Elianto eye and lip makeup remover. its cheap, best in the market (I had tried both high ends and drugstore) and it gets everything off. :D