Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Simple Eye Make-up Remover

Never underestimate how important an eye make-up remover is. Never.

My L'Oreal De-maq Expert Cashmere Milk lasted me quite a while. Note to self, cream type eye make-up remover last like 2-3 time longer than liquid.

I was left desprate one evening and intended to buy Maybelline Eye and Lip remover. However none in the pharmacy and I bought Simple Eye Make-up Remover instead. Partly because it was cheap, RM19.90 with discount to RM15.90


It claims to be 100% oil free. What the heck, good to know that since ALL make-up remover is oily.

So I put it to test.

top to bottom - Majorlica Majorca Mascara, Shu Drawing Pencil, Shu Liquid Eyeliner, Lancome Virtouse

Yeah, purposely tried it with the most 'hard to remove' mascara, to the least one, Lancome which can be washed off with warm water.

I soaked a cotton pad. Just swipe it over my hand, nothing happen. Proceed to rub a little.


After about 10-15 sec off rub. Damn. MM Mascara didn't seems to budge at all.

Then I tried pouring an ample amount right onto my hand. (testing what! haha)


Still there. gosh.



5 comments:

The Emotional Perfectionist said...

yeaps its true this make up remover is not really working well for hard to remove make ups haha i bought one and regretted the moment i tried it! but you know what, i mixed it with ginvera baby olive oil and it was better.
my advise, dont buy this again HAHAHAAHAHA but you cant be throwing it away although its cheap rite?
try ways to use it effectively ;)

btw, great blog you have, cheers!

Kim Patterson said...

hey, just ran across this. I must say this was really helpful. I love blogs likes this, that offer helpful everyday makeup reviews and advice! keep up the good work.

If you have time please read my blog,http://everyday-rococo.blogspot.com/ I also do reviews and stuff like that and am always wondering if my reviews are helpful.

Pinky Tham said...

christyn, yeah! you are right. It can hardly remove any waterproof make up. sigh. maybe i should try with olive oil and baby oil. Thanks for the tip! :)
and thanks for dropping by!

Coco, Thanks! glad you drop by too. You have a nice blogs there too :)

Anonymous said...

Hey pinky,

Fifi here. UGH I can't tell you how much I loathe this make up remover. After removing my eye make up, especially the stubborn MM mascara...my eyes always ends up being red and sting because of it. I truly utterly hate this product with a vengeance.

Pinky Tham said...

hi fifi!

I know how you feel! sigh. my rm15 buck wasted. I can only use on non waterproof product